Friday, July 13, 2018

Summer Writing


How do you keep up your writing pace during the summer months? If you’re like me you love summer and it’s hard to stay indoors. I love the heat from the sunshine, sitting outdoors under the shade of a large tree, warm rains, flowers blooming, and sounds of water from a water fountain, hummingbirds feeding and watching my herb garden grow. An author friend I know takes July and August off from writing – something I’m thinking about doing, especially considering what’s happened with my life this past month.

Do you change your writing routine during the long, lazy, hazy days of summer?

In January I worked on a manuscript according to a schedule that I made at the start of the year. I wrote my outline on a story that was swimming around in my head, I completed the background information on all my characters and finally completed a rough draft. I patted myself on the back for following through with my schedule. When I was ready to send my manuscript to my editor, she was out of town! Deep Breath. Okay, change release date to June. Done. Don’t stress.



June came and went! Change calendar – July! Deep Breath. Hubby and I went on a vacation – fun relaxing days in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Returned home to an urgent situation with my older sister who lives in North Carolina. Long story short – she’s one step away from being homeless!



Family comes first. I can’t ignore her needs when she’s all alone, a diabetic, heart problems, and now kidney infection. The choices we make throughout our life will certainly affect our journey to the end. I’ll be there to help her. And, I’m sure my manuscript will be waiting for me when I get home. (Smiling)



Have you ever had to put your book on hold for an urgent situation? I know I’m not the only one. I’m thankful I’m able to be there for my sister. 

Better She Lie 
(SOON to be Released)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site