Saturday, February 5, 2011

Words

I found a great quote that I want to share with my fellow writers:

To read is to empower
To empower is to write
To write is to influence
To influence is to change
To change is to live
Jane Evershed (More than a Tea Party)

So far my first month in this New Year has been pretty good. I’ve ignored those excuses that keep you from writing – you know what they are, I won’t even bother to list any. To see my actual progress in writing, I’m keeping an Excel chart of words written each day. It’s an eye opener. Try it and when you look back at a week’s worth of writing of what you thought was a good week, you might be surprised. I found that keeping a chart causes me to be aware of wanting to be able to put a number down instead of ‘0’ (If you want a format copy of my chart, let me know and I’ll share). In January, I completed half of a manuscript that I had started last year. Not only have I been writing my story, I also submitted two completed manuscripts and query an agent.

Do I dare to dream? Yes. Are you daring to dream? Are you taking a risk, that’s what it takes to dream? Let me know. Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site