Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of 2010

Wow! Where did the year go? No…on second thought, where did the decade go? I think time seems to fly within our mental faculties because we are so caught up in a constant whirlwind of ‘doing'. To quote Stephanie Meyer, Twilight, 2005: “I was thinking about how disjointedly time seemed to flow, passing in a blur at times, with single images standing out more clearly than others. And then, at other times, every second was significant, etched in my mind.”

I sat down to write my list of what I want to accomplish in 2011 and realized I really should also be thinking about the next decade. Why did the last two decade seem to jump ahead in lightening speed, landing us in another doorway into the next one? Well, if 2020 arrives as quickly as 2010 did, I had better get busy and decide where I want to be tomorrow, which of course, will be today before I know it. My calendar is already filling up and I really want to say that in the next ten years, I want to learn how to enjoy the moment. So, what does that mean? If the next decade flies by as fast as the last, I better not waste a moment, but enjoy and accomplished what needs to be done in that moment.

When I glanced back at my calendar year, I realized I did accomplish something: completed two manuscripts and started another; taught a workshop at RWA National in Orlando, Florida; took a workshop by Bob Myers; pulled off a great huge event in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho for my day job; had a wonderful YaYa Sister trip with my sisters in Eureka Springs, Arkansas; a fun motorcycle trip to Elko, NV with hubby on his Harley; ended the year with a great family vacation to Disney World. These are all positive things that I feel good about, forget the negative stuff.


Thank you for being part of my life and supporting me in my endeavors to be a better writer. Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site