Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Challenge

Happy 2013. Where did 2012 go? Actually, where did the first decade of the 21st Century go?

I’m reminded of the Bible verse 1Peter 1:24, which says, "People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades.”
Before we know it, the second decade of the 21st Century will be knocking on our door. Will I be living? God only knows because I’m like a flower in the field which will wither and fade. Hmm. Are you depressed yet? If not, good for you. For those believing in the afterlife know that our journey on this planet is short like the fading flower.
So, that said, here’s my thoughts for this New Year, and what I want to achieve in the next twelve months.
For several years, I’ve written a short list on a scrap paper and hidden it away to forget about it. Yes, I really forget what I write until the New Year rolls around and I’m always surprised. The mind is amazing. I guess, subconsciously, I worked on my list without actually making a point of thinking about the list. That’s the reason you hid it out of sight so you forget about it.  You know the old saying, “out of sight, out of mind”? But, your subconscious takes over. Try it. I’m smiling, because I’m happy to see all that I completed on my list.  2012 was a productive year for me, and also, my personal items listed were completed – one was retiring from my day job.
Now, I’m working on my 2013 list. Started on day one, but I’m giving it more thought before hiding the list away from my sight and forgetting about it. Now, on to the Authors' Challenge:
Some author friends and I will be participating in a fun activity for the next several weeks. We’re going to involve ourselves in a group challenge. The average weight gain during the holiday is 10 pounds! I started that holiday day eating right on cue – Thanksgiving didn't stop!
We will post our goals (goals are different for each, some being weight, inches, fitness, healthy eating and whatever else) on Mary Martinez’s blog:  http://marysbooksblogger.blogspot.com/.
Please mark your calendar to visit Mary’s blog every Monday starting January 7 through February 11 to read our post which will include many healthy/calorie recipes followed by authors’ spotlight.  
Here’s wishing you a healthy, happy, and productive 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site