Friday, September 28, 2012

North Carolina and a Movie


Just returned from my yearly YaYa Sisters’ trip in Greensboro, North Carolina.  Since we’re in different states, we get together once a year to catch up on everything including family news, trips, politics, religion, new recipes, weight gain, ailments, meds, husbands, sex & hormones – the list goes on. I know one week out of the year isn’t a lot of time, so you can imagine how much we talked, laughed, and of course, eat. 
 Judy Gail's backyard
NC is a beautiful state. If you’ve never been there, you should visit. It’s amazing. Two of my sisters live in NC and if I didn’t love the west so much, I would love to live in NC.

One of my favorite movies, Last of the Mohicans was filmed (1992) throughout North Carolina in the western mountains of Hickory Nut Gorge, where you’ll find Chimney Rock Park. It’s one of the most beautiful natural landscapes where you’ll see a three mile Rocky Broad River carving its way through rugged cliffs with a 400 foot waterfall and the awe inspiring rush of wildlife.
My favorite part of the movie is the final scene where Chingachgook, Chief of the Mohicans, speaks of being the last.
The soundtrack by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman is worth listening to and also my favorite. It’s the soundtrack I listened to over and over when I wrote The Quartering Act.
Can you believe, The Last of the Mohicans was written by James Fenimore Cooper in 1826. The historical novel takes place in 1757 during the French and Indian War, when the Native American tribes were asked to fight against the British colonists. Daniel Day-Lewis is the character Hawkeye/Nathaniel Poe and Russell Means is the last of the Mohicans. Great movie and scenery.
The Last of the Mohicans: A must see movie
Daniel Day-Lewis and Madeleine Stowe
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site