Wednesday, February 23, 2022

 Is it All Relative



arrived with hopes of love, hugs, kisses, and chocolates. Suddenly we’re at the end. Geez. I used to say, time is the only thing constant. Well, evidently, I’m wrong.

According to Einstein’s theory of relativity, time and space are not constant. The true constant is the speed of light. Time can run fast or slow, it all depends on how high you are. Geez, in other words, does that mean I’ll age faster living in at a higher altitude than if I live at sea level?  

Einstein said, it’s all relative. Have you stopped moving to read my blog? Well, no. You’re on Earth which is traveling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour. You feel like you’re standing still, but only because you’re on Earth while you are traveling at high speed through space. While we’re traveling around the sun, the Earth is rotating at a speed of approximately 1,025 mph at the equator. The further you are from the equator, the slower you spin, rotating at the speed of one rotation per 24 hours unless you’re at the poles of the Earth, then your speed is zero. If you’re in Florida your movement is about 1,000 miles per hour. Florida moves about 1,000 miles per hour which is the reason NASA launches rockets from there and not further north like New York.

That’s it. I’m done. All of this is waaaaaaaay above my head. Not only  that, if I think about Einstein’s theory too long, it’s too deep for my little brain to think about!!


If you’re interested in more, here are the two articles I refer to for information:

It’s All Relative    and   How Fast are you Spinning

I’m not sure how I got on the subject. Maybe because I was reviewing my class on Finding My Why. Why do I keep writing stories? Why do I have all these characters in my head? Find your why. Do you know your Why? Or, would Einstein say it’s all relative?

I have a PowerPoint on my website if you’d like to check it out for free. Click Here.

I’m still looking for another Beta reader. If you’re interested, please email me at judybakersugg@gmail.com and I’ll send you a copy of my novel YaYa House.

Enjoy the rest of your February, Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site