Friday, November 18, 2016

Nano Month

November is the month of Thanksgiving. There’s much that I have to be thankful for and I’m sure all those of you participating in the Nanowrimo are thankful too. Many of you already know, but for those of you that aren’t sure, I thought I’d share a little about Nanowrimo?

The word stands for National Novel Writing Month (Nano), a nonprofit organization that offers a fun approach to creative writing starting on November 1, with thousands of writers participating.


Their Mission Statement "National Novel Writing Month believes in the transformational power of creativity. We provide the structure, community, and encouragement to help people find their voices, achieve creative goals, and build new worlds--on and off the page." http://nanowrimo.org

During this Nano month, many people of all ages around the world are writing at this moment advancing toward a goal of completing a 50,000 word novel by the deadline, 11:59 PM November 30.  Anyone can participate, all it takes is lots of determination and enthusiasm to write your story by the deadline, even if this is the first story you’ve ever written.
If you’re thinking you might like to participate next year, go to their website for all the help you need to prepare for the month. If this is all new to you, Sign up – it’s free. Read about it, ask others about it, and get ready, you have next year to look forward to as one of those participants. Who knows, you’re first novel could be written in one month. 

Now, you may be asking if I’m participating in Nano.  No. I tried once, but discovered November is too busy of a month for me to commit. When I commit to doing a project, I work until it’s done, but when I tried Nano, it took more time than I was willing to give because the holidays were approaching. My family is number one in my life and my writing takes second place, so to get ready for the holidays and my family, especially those coming from out of town, I didn’t make the deadline. So, with that said, I do wish all those participating in Nano the very best of luck in your completion of your novel during November. 

I love Thanksgiving. We always have our family sitting around a large dining room table with our best china plates and Brett’s yummy turkey with all the trimmings, and all the pies, goodies, and my traditional homemade carrot cake to help put on the extra ten pound even before Christmas. I’ve been blessed.

 Blessings to all of you and yours this Thanksgiving Day.  Judy


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site