Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Kim McMahill's New Release

I’m excited to welcome Kim McMahill to my blog today.
She’s sharing her new release with us and if Kim’s a new author for you, please check out her adventurous stories that will carry you to different parts of the world.
Welcome Kim. Please tell us about your new release, A Dose of Danger.

Judy: We’d like to know a little about your main character in your new release, A Dose of Danger.
Kim:  What drives and motivates Grace Talbot?  Her love of animals and her sense of duty to family, small as that may be.
Judy:  What does Grace do for a living and what does Grace mean to Logan when they first meet?
Kim:  She’s a researcher for a company, which develops and manufacture on nutritional supplements for people and animals. Grace and Logan meet under less than ideal circumstances for official business and have no previous connection. Logan Carlson is the Wyoming sheriff’s deputy investigating the fire that sent Grace’s uncle to the hospital.
Judy:  Why the location, and was it a real-life connection?
Kim:  The book is set mostly in Wyoming, but some of the scenes take place in Salt Lake City, Utah. I chose Wyoming because it’s a place I know well, and I needed a location for a remote ranch with spotty cell phone coverage.  The ranch is completely fictional, but when I drive by the location where I envision it to be, I always stop for a moment and take it in. I also needed a reasonably large city within at least a very long days drive away, and Salt Lake fit the bill.
Judy:  Is A Dose of Danger part of a series?
Kim:  I do have a series mapped out and A Dose of Danger is the first book. I have the second nearly complete and two more outlined. I won’t divulge any titles yet, since my publisher often has great ideas and may throw something out I hadn’t thought of.
Judy:  Do you have a favorite scene that you can share?
Kim:  There are some pretty intense scenes, but this scene makes me smile. 

Here’s an excerpt:
She hadn’t heard Logan enter, but she didn’t object when he pried the handset from her fingers and put his arm around her shoulders. 
“Hey, Moss. How are you feeling today?”
Grace could only hear one side of the conversation, but it was enough to know Moss wasn’t the only one who cared about her fate. 
“Don’t worry. I’ll keep her safe, I promise. Yes, I’ve noticed she can be a bit stubborn, but she knows when to cooperate and hasn’t given me too much trouble. No, I can’t give you any details. The less you know the better. We’ll leave as soon as the sheriff calls back with a location.
“You have what? Where? If we need it, thanks. If we don’t I never heard those words. Yes, I noticed the trailer lights aren’t working, and the clutch on your truck sticks a bit. I may be from Arizona, but I do know how to pull a horse trailer and operate a truck in four-wheel-drive. We better not tie up the line too long, but we’ll call as soon as we get to wherever we’re going. What? Yes, I’d be happy to do that for you. Take care.”
By the time Logan hung up, the tears were gone. Hearing Moss treating the big, strong deputy like a child made her smile. She missed her uncle so much it hurt. Even in a hospital bed hundreds of miles away, he was still trying to take care of her.
“What would you be happy to do for Uncle Moss?” 
“This,” he replied as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her. His lips moved slowly over hers until he felt her arms slide up around his neck. He deepened the kiss, and her response sent fire through his body. Even without his heavy coat on, he knew he would be burning just as hot. She fit against him like they were made for each other. When he finally let her go, she looked up at him with a wicked smile that made him itch to grab for her again.
As if sensing his intention, Grace took several steps back. “I’m fairly certain that wasn’t what Moss asked you to do for him.” 
“Maybe he said something about giving you a hug for him, but I started tuning him out when he decided I needed driving instructions. Anyway, I didn’t want to disappoint an injured old man, so I winged it.” 
Grace studied him for a moment. Maybe he won’t walk out on me, but even if he does, I might as well make the most of every moment we have together. She smiled and moved within reach.
Logan needed no further encouragement. He pulled her toward him. With one arm firmly around her waist, he ran his fingers through her hair. “Yes, those curls are just as soft as they look,” he moaned as his lips descended to hers, cutting off any response.
Blurb:
When researcher Grace Talbot and her team discover a possible solution for weight loss they become targets of a group dedicated to controlling the multi-billion dollar a year diet-product industry. Her unsanctioned testing methods bring tragedy to the family ranch, and the attention of the local sheriff’s deputy. With her colleagues either dead, missing, or on the run she soon realizes she must trust the deputy with her life, but can she trust him with her heart?    
Judy:  Do you have any special words for your fans:
Kim:  Thank you everyone who has ever read one of my books. I especially appreciate those who have taken the time to post all the kind reviews. Without an audience, there’s no point in telling stories.
Judy:  Tell us a little about yourself…
Kim:  I grew up in Wyoming, which is probably where I developed my sense of adventure. I started out writing non-fiction, but my passion for exotic world travel, outrageous adventures, stories of survival, and happily-ever-after endings soon drew me into a world of romantic suspense. Along with writing adventure novels I have also published over eighty travel and geographic articles, and contributed to a travel anthology and cookbook. When not writing, I enjoy gardening, traveling, and spending time with family.
Judy:  Where can my reader find you?
Judy:  A couple of quick questions and favorites so my readers can get to know you as an author:
What do you do to relax?   Put together jigsaw puzzles
Favorite spot? The mountains
Cat or dog?  Dog
Favorite drink?  Caipirinhas
Favorite season? Summer
Hobbies/past time? Gardening, Traveling, Reading
Favorite movie?  Sahara
Favorite color?  Green
Favorite smell?  Homemade bread fresh from the oven
Here’s where you can find Kim’s new release, A Dose of Danger:



Thank you Kim for stopping by to visit with us. I’m looking forward to your book, by the way, I love the title.

2 comments:

  1. Judy, thank you so much for hosting me on your blog today. I look forward to reading your new novel. Each book in the Yellow Creek series has been better than the one before, so Spirit Catcher should be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim for being a guest on my blog. I wish you luck with A Dose of Danger. I've already ordered it and looking forward to read you new release.

    ReplyDelete

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site